[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v4.8.2 Released

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Sun Dec 26 22:50:49 GMT 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Knacktus <knacktus at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 24.12.2010 13:49, schrieb Phil Thompson:
>>
>> PyQt v4.8.2 has been released.
>>
>> This is primarily a bug fix release but also includes a number of new
>> examples from Hans-Peter Jansen.
>>
>> For the first time 64-bit Windows installers are provided.
>
> Awesome! Thank you Santa ;-)

I echo the appreciation for the 64-bit Windows installers.

Since I've got both the x86 and x64 PyQt4 packages installed on my
system, both of them are listed in %PATH%.  py2exe seems to be
supremely confused by this and will always pick up Qt*.dll from the
first PyQt4/bin folder in the path.  So I've had to add logic like
below to my installer build scripts to remove these extra folders from
the PATH if they are not within the current Python interpreter's exec
prefix.

    path = installenv.get('PATH', '').split(os.pathsep)
    deletions = []
    for dir in path:
        if dir.endswith(r'Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin') and \
            not dir.startswith(sys.exec_prefix):
            deletions.append(dir)
    for dir in deletions:
        path.remove(dir)

PS: If any list members use Mercurial, the PyQt port of TortoiseHg can
be found at:  https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/downloads

--
Steve Borho