[PyQt] File Dialog Opens Twice

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Sat Feb 13 02:07:44 GMT 2010

All,

I am attempting to go through the tutorial offered at:

http://www.rkblog.rk.edu.pl/w/p/simple-text-editor-pyqt4/

However, I am trying to use the eric4 ide to develop the application, following the outline provided by the Minibrowser tutorial on the eric ide website. My project is zipped at:

http://msemac.redwoods.edu/~darnold/junk/SimpleTextEditor.zip

I've adapted the file edytor.py created by the Generate Dialog Code ... option in eric4:

from PyQt4.QtGui import QMainWindow,  QFileDialog
from PyQt4.QtCore import pyqtSignature,  SIGNAL
from Ui_edytor import Ui_Notepad

class Notepad(QMainWindow, Ui_Notepad):
  def __init__(self, parent = None):
      QMainWindow.__init__(self, parent)
      self.setupUi(self)

      self.connect(self.button_open,
                             SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.on_button_open_clicked)

  @pyqtSignature("")
  def on_button_open_clicked(self):
      fd=QFileDialog(self)
      plik=open(fd.getOpenFileName()).read()
      self.editor_window.setText(plik)

However, when I run the project and click on the Open button, the file dialog opens, I select start.py in the SimpleTextEditor folder, press OK and it opens fine in the QTextEdit window. However, then the QFileDialog opens a second time. Weird.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

David.