[PyQt] MYSQL driver problem

bar tomas bartomas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:59:37 GMT 2010

Hi,

I installed the PyQt 4.6 for Python 2.6 binary bundle for windows.
I'm also using Mysql 5.1.
I can connect to a Mysql database with PyQt. But when trying to
execute a query I get the following error message (captured through
lastError())

Using unsupported buffer type: 12  (parameter: 3)

I am aware that this problem has appeared on the mailing list before
(http://www.mail-archive.com/pyqt@riverbankcomputing.com/msg19280.html),
but no solution was given (at tleast, that I have been able to find)

Is the PyQt 4.6 driver not able to handle queries for Mysql 5.1? (I
have however used PyQt 4.6 with Mysql 5.1 on Linux with no problem)

Does the PyQt 4.6 driver depend exclusively on the qsqlmysql4.dll (in
Python2.6/Lib/site-packages/PyQt4/plugins/sqldrivers/) or is there any
dependency with some other dll (for instance mysqllib.dll) of which I
may have an obsolete version on my machine someplace and which may be
causing the trouble?

Many thanks for any help.