[PyQt] Support for relocated Qt installations.

Josh jknox at irobot.com
Mon Jan 11 20:43:25 GMT 2010

The build system on my project is similar in that I can build stuff in
one place and install it wherever
I want. Relocating Qt caused me no end of headaches. All of the
documented or suggested solutions
never seemed to work quite right.

I "solved" this problem by using the qpatch program, included with
qt-creator. I believe it's what is
used to patch an official Qt binary install. ( you wont find much on it
by googling, I found it by browsing
the Qt sources)

This "relocates" a Qt installation so that all of its hard-coded
internal paths are correct. I was able to
include qpatch as a "tool" in our build system, to automate Qt installs
and relocation as necessary.

PyQt ( and QT Creator) builds seamlessly against such a relocated Qt
install; no qt.conf or other patching needed.

Patching in such a way does reek of a hack, but that's how Qt does it! ;)

Josh