[PyQt] Problem using signal beforeInsert

bar tomas bartomas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 13:38:45 GMT 2010

Hi,

I've created a QDataWidgetMapper that uses a QSqlRelationalTableModel
to edit the records of database table.
I've tried using the signal beforeInsert to do some validation before
the data is submitted to the database but I have a problem
intercepting the signal (the slot method test  just never executes).
Here is a snippet of the relevant code:

self.model = QSqlRelationalTableModel(self)

self.connect(self.model, SIGNAL("beforeInsert(record)"), self.test)

def test(self, record):
    print "test"

Is there something wrong in the way I've declared the connection?
Many thanks