[PyQt] QScrollArea test

Christopher Spears cspears2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 00:27:49 GMT 2010

I'm trying to add scrollbars to a GUI, so I've been learning about the QScrollArea class.  After reading the online docs and several postings, I wrote a little script for a test:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

class test(QtGui.QWidget):
    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        QtGui.QWidget.__init__(self, parent)
	self.setWindowTitle('Test')
	self.label = QtGui.QLabel('Label Blah Blah')
	self.scrollArea = QtGui.QScrollArea()
	self.scrollArea.setWidget(self.label)
	hLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout()
	hLayout.addWidget(self.scrollArea)
	self.setLayout(hLayout)

app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
t = test()
t.show()
sys.exit(app.exec_())

The problem with this script is that the scroll area that is generated does not have any scrollbars.  I played with adjusting the image's size and saw no changes.  Not sure what I am doing wrong...