[PyQt] Trouble reading a model index from an "untouched" combo box

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at mass.rr.com
Tue Jan 26 22:41:40 GMT 2010

I don't think you need to use the view pointer at all - it's returning
QAbstractItemView *, which I would assume it would need to be casted to
the proper class in C++. If that's so, by design the Abstract class will
return an invalid index. Try to use self.comboBox.currentIndex() instead
- it returns -1 if theres no selected index (which there won't be when
you first set the model until you manually or programatically select one)

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qcombobox.html#currentIndex-prop