[PyQt] Simple connect error

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 27 06:17:48 GMT 2010

On 26.01.10 22:05:41, Jason H wrote:

> class Main(QGraphicsView):
>     def __init__(self, useGL=False,  parent=None):
>         pass
>
>     @pyqtSlot()
>     def screenFinished(self):
>         print "Main.screenFinished"
>
> class Screen(QObject):
>     finished = pyqtSignal()
>
>     def __init__(self, instanceName, main):
>         QObject.__init__(self)
>         self.main.screenFinished.connect(self.finished)
>
> gives me the error:
>     self.main.screenFinished.connect(self.finished)
> AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'screenFinished'

I'm not too familiar with the new signal/slot mechanism, but a short
read on the docs suggests that your connect is in the wrong order. Its
usually <bound-signal>.connect(<slot>) and you've got it the other way
around.

Andreas

--
Your analyst has you mixed up with another patient.  Don't believe a
thing he tells you.