[PyQt] ANN: SIP v4.10.4 and New PyQt Installer for Python v2.7 Released

Jan Haag haag498 at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:05:36 BST 2010

> Hi, just a short notice. sip-4.10.4 doesn't build with Python3

On which OS/Arch?

If it's Linux or the like the output of

uname -a

in a terminal session should give you this information.

Besides, in your message you cut off the offending make line half way
through...

Interestingly, it fails with (seemingly) the same error message after a
few compilation steps on Mac 10.6.3/i386 (see below).
I used the default settings for configure.py, except overriding the
build architecture to i386, obviously.

As far as I can make sense of it (my C is somewhat rusty) the problem is
that the definition of sipVoidPtr_ascapsule is protected by
#if defined(SIP_USE_PYCAPSULE)
[...]
#endif
while the pointer used in the PyMethodDef is not.

Jan

[...]

cc -c -pipe -fPIC -arch i386 -Os -w -DNDEBUG -I.
-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/include/python3.1 -o
voidptr.o voidptr.c
voidptr.c:312: error: ‘sipVoidPtr_ascapsule’ undeclared here (not in a
function)