[PyQt] pyqt treewidget and multiselection/drag selection event?

niko3d nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 18:26:49 BST 2010

Hi there, first post to this mailing list :)

Im having real issues with getting my treewidget to behave how i need, im
hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Ok so I have a GUI that is heavily based on the QtGui.QTreeWidget. I have
set this how i need with the itemClicked method. i.e I select an item, it
selects all children items, changes the childrens icons, deselects the all
parent items and changes the parents icons.
That bit is working great.

But I want to replicate the same functionality when people drag/multi select
the items with one mouse press/move.

I tried using the itemEntered method, but seems to be unpredictable due to
the children selection changes.

So is there a way to know when a drag/multi selection has occurred, im
unsure of how to make a custom event todo this? If i could catch all items
selected I can run my set up in a for loop quite easily.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Nick