[PyQt] PyQwt with PyInstaller

Matti Lyra matti.lyra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:19:07 BST 2010

Hello.

Does someone have experience on OS X on creating an app bundle with PyInstaller of a project that contains a PyQwt plot. I've installed PyQt, Qt and PyQwt from MacPorts and it seems that there is some linker error related to libLAPACK.dylib. When I run the application from the command line everything is fine but when I make an app bundle with PyInstaller the app fails with an error saying that PyQt4.QtCore.so can't load library libLAPACK.dylib (referenced from vecLib) because an incompatible libarary version - libLAPACK provides version 0.0.0 (this would be the libLAPACK that comes with Atlas and is installed by MacPorts).

Here is the script that I'm using

import sys
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.Qwt5 import *

class MyApp (QMainWindow):

   def __init__(self, parent = None):
       QMainWindow.__init__(self, parent)
       self.setGeometry(300, 300, 250, 150)

app = QApplication(sys.argv)
ui = MyApp()
ui.show()
ui.raise_()
sys.exit(app.exec_())

The error message is as follows:

.Mactest	dlopen(/path/to/Mactest.app/Contents/MacOS/PyQt4.QtCore.so, 2): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib

.Mactest	  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib

.Mactest	  Reason: Incompatible library version: vecLib requires version 1.0.0 or later, but libLAPACK.dylib provides version 0.0.0