[PyQt] network-chat sample

Philippe Crave philippe.crave at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:58:33 BST 2010

thanks, I will check that.

What I am looking for, is a way to get several applications (made with
pyqt) exchanging data. they will be on different PCs, on a local
network.
and there will be 2 or 3 applications on each PC.

I would like that each application send its data, when ready, to all
the others (other application on the same PC, and other applications
on the other PCs).

so far, the best I could find is that each application should send a
socket to all the others, one by one.
I did not find a way to broadcast. If someone know how to do it, that will help.
and then, each application runs a threaded QTcpServer.

then, I am looking for a way for the applications to find the others
on the network (ie, find the adress/port)
that's why I try to understand the chat sample.