[PyQt] pyjamas desktop port now using pyqt4: bugs and limitations of PyQt4.QtWebKit encountered

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Mon Jun 7 18:21:45 BST 2010

On Mon Jun 7 01:02:06 BST 2010, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> all i know is that QWebElement is far from complete, and is really
> incredibly awkward to use.  it's a long long way away from looking
> like the W3C DOM functions and properties it's supposed to present
> (cloneNode has been renamed to clone, and doesn't take the necessary
> boolean argument for example).

As a convenience API, I'm guessing that some of the methods were renamed
for self-consistency, rather than consistency with the DOM naming, and
for simplicity as opposed to exposing the full underlying API.

> so i wanted to know what the developers' reactions and intentions are
> wrt. QtWebKit.  is the intent that QtWebKit be a proper and full peer
> to javascript bindings, or is the intent that it have a... limited
> (and ultimately unsatisfactory) subset of W3C DOM functionality?

To get an answer to those questions, you would be better off asking on the
QtWebKit mailing list: