[PyQt] GUI test Automation on QT- Suggestion needed.

praveen koduru prawin1111 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:18:16 BST 2010

Hi,

I am new to Qt & PyQt. Can anybody suggest what is the best Framework for
GUI Automation on Qt Apps.

I have tried Froglogic's Squish but it is a recording tool. I am looking for
programmable & object-based GUI test automation method .

Requirements:
1. Method should be object based not co-ordinate based.
2. Method should allow programming not just recording the test & Playing it.
3. Method should allow me to launch & kill applications like (browser/media
player) through mouse clicks & keypad events.
4. Method should allow me to type some letters into the textbox (Example:
Typing in Browser text bar)

Can I do it with PyQt. Please suggest me some way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Praveen