[PyQt] RE : Re: DLL Problem with PyQt-Py3.1-gpl-4.7.3-1.exe

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Fri Jun 18 17:17:42 BST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Eric Coetzee <ericcoetzee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see any further messages in this thread, so I assume that 2.6.5
> works for all using PyQt 4.7.3.
>
> I still have a problem though:
> Python 2.6.5 (r265:79096, Mar 19 2010, 21:48:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
> on win32
> from PyQt4.QtCore import *
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<console>", line 0, in <module>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> The only difference I can see is that I run a commercial version of PyQt:
> i.e. PyQt-win-commercial-4.7.3

I've had similar problems before.  Uninstalling and re-installing PyQt
has always resolved them.  It's a rather brutal workaround, but I
couldn't figured out what the root cause was.

Note that PyQt requires a folder inside your Python site-packages to
be in the PATH in order for it to work on Windows.

--
Steve Borho