[PyQt] Help: QX11EmbedContainer problem.

Anshul Kumar Jain anshul at seeta.in
Mon Mar 1 20:45:01 GMT 2010

I have been trying to work out the working of QX11EmbedContainer() for a
long time now. I created a huge code. But now have defragmented to following
snippet:

import sys
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4 import QtGui

if __name__=='__main__':
    cont = QtGui.QX11EmbedContainer()

Whenever I try and run this snippet i get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/AJ/Desktop/test/test.py", line 7, in <module>
    cont = QtGui.QX11EmbedContainer()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'QX11EmbedContainer'

Please help me how to use QX11EmbedContainer(). Do I need some special
installations or am I using the class itself in a wrong manner?