[PyQt] Python wrappers for QML/ "Qt Quick"?

Attila Csipa pyqt at csipa.in.rs
Tue Mar 9 18:57:02 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 15:54:54 Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:
> > It might make more sense to have a way to export PyQt classes to QML,
> > that is implement QMLElement in Python rather than in C++, and make them
> > available to QML itself.
>
> This is pretty much what I'm thinking of. Python would take the part
> of C++ here, not Javascript.

If I understand correctly what you want to do, it has little to do with PyQt,
it would be more of a PyQML custom binding... Which is interesting, but sounds
like quite a niche to me - it will be hard to avoid Qt parts, and at that
point it's much easier to go via the 'main' PyQt path. But, I'm no QML expert
(yet :), so take this with a grain of salt, I don't intend to discourage
anyone. What might be related, but I also don't know enough about, is what the
current state of QtScript is. Is currently it possible to operate on Python
objects from QtScript ? 'Cause if it is, QML should not be far off.

Regards,
Attila