[PyQt] Help - WINAPI PSoundW and WINAPI Beep linker error using sip

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at mass.rr.com
Sat Mar 20 19:21:22 GMT 2010

I am not sure what do I need to do to include the windows library into sip,
so it links correctly. I am trying to use PlaySoundW and Beep which are
defined in MMSystem.h in a class called PSound. It compiles fine in VC9.0,
but gives me linker errors when I wrap it with sip.

Generating Code...
        link /NOLOGO /DLL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:pyptlib.pyd.manifest
/SUBSYSTE
M:WINDOWS "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32'
name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Contr
ols' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'
processorA
rchitecture='*'" /INCREMENTAL:NO /OUT:pyptlib.pyd
@C:\DOCUME~1\dcassidy\LOCALS~1
\Temp\nm1047.tmp
   Creating library pyptlib.lib and object pyptlib.exp
sippyptlibPSoundChannel.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public:
 virtual bool __thiscall PSoundChannel::PlaySoundW(class PSound const
&,bool)" (
?PlaySoundW at PSoundChannel@@UAE_NABVPSound@@_N at Z) referenced in function
"protect
ed: virtual bool __thiscall sipPSoundChannel::PlaySoundW(class PSound const
&,bo
ol)" (?PlaySoundW at sipPSoundChannel@@MAE_NABVPSound@@_N at Z)
sippyptlibPSound.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
static
 void __cdecl PSound::Beep(void)" (?Beep at PSound@@SAXXZ) referenced in
function _
meth_PSound_Beep
pyptlib.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN
\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.