[PyQt] QPrinter PageRange problem

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat May 1 01:54:56 BST 2010

[This mail apparently went astray - resending...]

On Mon Apr 26 07:52:42 BST 2010, BLACK HAWK wrote:

> i posted this before in the wrong section so i re-posted it here
>
> i'm having problem in printing
>
> first:
>     my program show to the user 10 pages in QPrintPreviewWidget and when he
>     press 'print it' button it prints only the pages from 5 to 7 but my
> code keep printing all pages

This sounds familiar. Didn't we discuss your code on the #pyqt IRC channel on
Freenode? I could probably go back and look at what I suggested if I pasted
code somewhere.

> second:
>     why my application paintRequested signal emitted after i press 'print
> it' button that maks it emitted towic first time when my application starts
> and second when i press 'print it'
> button

Because, if I understand you correctly, the print preview widget needs you
to render each page for it to display, and again when you actually print.

David