[PyQt] Subwindows with toolbars and menus

Zoltan Szalai flc at freemail.hu
Fri May 7 19:20:05 BST 2010

Hi,

I want to use subwindows in my application which have toolbars and menus just like the mainwindow of the application. Those subwindows are QMainWindow subclasses just like the mainwindow but when I trigger actions by their shortcuts two kind of problem occurs:

1. The action is triggered no matter what window has the focus. Obviously I only want the action in the window that has the focus to be triggered.
2. If I define actions in different windows which have the same shortcut I got "QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+L". This obviously comes from the first problem.

So basically the question is that how should I use different subwindows that have toolbars and menus with actions.

Python version: 2.6.5
PyQt version: 4.7.3

regards
Zoltan