[PyQt] PyQt 4.7.3 on Gumstix - Installation failed

Mohamad Najib fixed-term.mohamadnjib.muhammadnoor at de.bosch.com
Mon May 10 07:22:45 BST 2010

Dear Mr. Boddie,

Sorry for the late reply.

David Boddie wrote:

> Is the Qt-4.6.2 installation a regular X11 installation, and is the
> QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm installation a QWS (non-X11, embedded Linux)
> installation?

Now, I don't know how to answer that one (let's just say I am quite new in
these things). But the reason I got two installation of Qt in my directory
is because I installed it twice. The first time, I forgot to pass the
"-embedded arm" argument to the configure, and it results with me having the
Qt-4.6.2 folder.

> It sounds like there is a mismatch between PyQt and the installation of Qt
> you are using. If I remember correctly, you should be using the qmake
> executable in the QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm installation.

With only Qt-4.6.2 folder, I failed with an error during the early stages of
configuring PyQt. It seems PyQt wants the QtEmbedded one, even when I direct
it to the Qt-4.6.2 qmake. After installing the QtEmbedded, the early stages
went through, only to fail at this part.

> Can you say how you configured each Qt library and how you configured
> PyQt?
> (Which options did you pass to the configure scripts?)

For Qt ("-embedded arm" is the additional configuration flag that I put to
make the QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm)

-lrt -opensource -release (-embedded arm) -little-endian -no-svg -no-openssl
-no-webkit -no-javascript-jit -no-xinerama -no-openvg -nomake examples
-nomake demos -no-largefile -no-qt3support

For PyQt (Both leads to the same error)
-verbose -q /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.2/bin/qmake
-verbose -q /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/bin/qmake

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mohamad Najib