[PyQt] reliably producing svg for older versions

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 20:54:24 BST 2010

I am using svg a lot in the pyqt programs I write.

Using the versions available in Ubuntu 9.10, I would use Inkscape
to create the svg, then open and re-save using Karbon 14 and that
seemed to work ok.

Now after updating to Ubuntu 10.04 the Inkscape files seem to
work fine without having to re-save, however, if I then try to use
that svg with the PyQt in 9.10 not much displays correctly.

Also, the trick of re-saving with Karbon14 doesn't fix it anymore.

So...

Is there any reliable way to produce svg that will work with the
version of PyQt that ships with Ubuntu 9.10?

Any advice appreciated.