[PyQt] QWebView and https

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Thu May 27 16:41:08 BST 2010

On Thu May 27 15:59:35 BST 2010, alanm wrote:

> Well, despite no replies I haven't given up.  What I've found is that I'll
> need to create my own class based on QNetworkAccessManager and override the
> sslErrors() method.  Here's the class I am trying:

[...]

> Now what I don't understand is how to make my QWebView use this class.  I
> know that QWebPage has a setNetworkAccessManager() method, but I've tried
> various ways to connect these bits and nothing works yet.
>
> Do I have to subclass QWebPage or QWebView ?

You should just be able to set the network access manager on the QWebPage
returned by the QWebView's page() method. I don't know if this will do
everything you need.

I'm curious about the need to subclass QNetworkAccessManager. I would have
thought that simply connecting the sslErrors signal to a slot and calling
the ignoreSslErrors() method of the QNetworkReply object passes to it would
do what you need. Reimplementing the sslErrors signal in a subclass may not
work as you might expect.

David