[PyQt] Qtreeview/QDirmodel with check-boxes

Jon Noble jonnobleuk at gmail.com
Mon May 31 01:07:43 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to create a file-system tree-view with checkboxes yet i'm having
great difficulties on doing so.

I found a link (http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2005-08/msg00516.html)
but I'm not really sure what the solution is. I've tried one solution which is
to use QDirModel.setData() but that makes no difference.

Here's a snippet of my code.

    def __fileview_setup(self):
        """
        Make the fileview the correct type
        """

        index = QModelIndex()
        dir_model = QDirModel()
        filters = QDir.AllDirs|QDir.Readable|QDir.NoDotAndDotDot
        dir_model.setData(index, Qt.Checked, Qt.CheckStateRole)
        dir_model.setFilter(filters)
        dir_model.setReadOnly(True)

	# self.collection_view is a QTreeView
        self.collection_view.setModel(dir_model)
        self.collection_view.setColumnHidden(1, True)
        self.collection_view.setColumnHidden(2, True)
        self.collection_view.setColumnHidden(3, True)
        self.collection_view.expandToDepth(0)

The file-system view part works fine, just no checkboxes.

Any help would be greatly recieved, thanks.

Jon