[PyQt] Generating Windows Executables under Wine in Linux

Nahuel Defossé nahuel.defosse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 15:19:05 GMT 2010

Hi everyone

Has anyone tried to create windows executables with wine for your PyQt4 apps?
I've tried it in the past with no success but a strange behaviour.
Executables were
able to "compile" and run under wine, but when I tried to run them in
a actual windows
OS, they said they were no valid win32 applications. I gave up, and
switched to a VM
based setup, but it has its problems, i.e. no CLI automation.

I've seen there's been a lot of work in wine, and I was wondering if
anyone had tried
pyinstaller/py2exe/whaterver on wine lately...

Thanks