[PyQt] Bugs galore in QAbstractTableModel???

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Sun Nov 28 13:33:20 GMT 2010

On 28/11/10 03:42, Baz Walter wrote:
> On 27/11/10 23:02, Ian wrote:
>> On 27/11/2010 22:23, Baz Walter wrote:
>>> the python version andreas is referring to is "modeltest.py". it can
>>> be found in the pyqt source in the contrib/pymodeltest directory.
>>>
>> I found the version I think I need (4.7.4) at
>> http://python-qt4.sourcearchive.com/documentation/4.7.4-0ubuntu1/modeltest_8py-source.html
>>

>> I have been unable to find out how to run it - so guessing I tried this.
>
> that link doesn't show all of the contents of the source - it's missing
> the README file. here's the relevant part:
>
> <quote>
>
> To Use the model test do the following:
>
> 1) Include the modeltest.py file in your project directory
>
> 2) Then in your source import "modeltest" and instantiate ModelTest
> with your model so the test can live for the lifetime of your model.
>
> For example:
>
> from modeltest import ModelTest
>
> self.model = QDirModel(self)
> self.modeltest = ModelTest(self.model, self)
>
> 3) That is it. When the test finds a problem it will throw an
> AssertionError. modeltest.py contains some hints on how to fix
> problems that the test finds.
>
> </quote>

just noticed that the traceback you posted previously is caused by a bug
which i reported before pyqt 4.8 was released (and which is now fixed).
so you if you still want to try modeltest, make sure you get the latest
version - it will probably still work with older versions of pyqt4
(haven't tried that, though).