[PyQt] segmentation faults common when using QWebView

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Mon Nov 29 17:30:39 GMT 2010

"Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj at urpla.net> writes:

> From what I can see, you're missing fundamental concepts of the
> asynchronous nature of QtWebView. You should control your test flow
> with signals, instead of a timer, e.g.:
>
> 	# you need to wait for finishing the load
>         self.webview.loadFinished.connect(self.callback1done)

That does not work for the web site I am testing, because "loadFinished"
is signaled several seconds before the page is actually complete - maybe
because of how Dojo does things asynchronously?  In any event, I could
not find a "loadWhenDojoCallbacksAreAllFinished" signal, so I went with
a timer loop instead.  :-)