[PyQt] segmentation faults common when using QWebView

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Nov 30 15:09:09 GMT 2010

"Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj at urpla.net> writes:

> Brandon, forgot to add:
>
> I bet, that the simplest version (just the first webview.load,
> findAll, and click) as C++ version will also crash in a similar way,
> pointing to some uncaught race between the operating theads.  It would
> be a very good idea to report that as Qt-bug...

Thank you!  I will indeed try reporting it.  But - and here I might need
a lesson in how Qt works - how are threads involved in my example?  I
had thought that setting a timer scheduled an event to happen in the
main exec() thread, not over in another thread.  If something I am doing
is creating additional threads, then I'll rearrange my program to
prevent it, since Qt explicitly says that all widget operations have to
be invoked from the main application thread.