[PyQt] pyqt server side and pdf file output

damiano michael damiano-michael at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 1 13:35:11 BST 2010

  hi !

i would like to write a server side python script that generate .pdf
documents.

for the moment i have Python 2.7 installed server side
and matplolib installed server side too.

A simple script that create a simple plot and generate a .png picture
works.

this is the script i use :

#-------------------------------------------

# to access standard output :

import sys

# select a non-GUI backend :

import matplotlib

matplotlib.use('Agg')
#matplotlib.use("cairo.pdf")

#matplotlib.use('PDF')

# import plotting module :

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

# generate the plot :

plt.plot([1,2,3,2,3,4])

# print the content type (what's the data type)

# the new line is embedded, using '\n' notation :
print "Content-Type: image/png\n"
# print "Content-Type: image/PDF\n"
# print "Content-type: application/pdf"

# output directly to webserver, as a png file
  :
plt.savefig(sys.stdout, format='png')

# plt.savefig(sys.stdout, format='PDF')

# plt.savefig( "test.pdf", format='pdf'  )

I am wondering how to do the same thing but with sending a pdf file
instead of
a png picture. (the # are for all the things i tried)

Is it possible to do the same thing with PYQt ?
I can install PyQT server side and then what must i do ?

Does someone know ?

thanks.

jean-claude