[PyQt] PyQt support for Qt 4.7

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 6 23:35:16 BST 2010

On Tue Oct 5 09:36:49 BST 2010, Phil Thompson wrote:

> The minehunt example only seems to need support for lists of QObjects. Are
> there any other examples anywhere that have different use cases?

I guess that's more or less what it is, though it needs something extra to
make the QML engine aware of the new TileData type, used as a property type
in the MinehuntGame class, and used as the model that holds the tile data in
the game. If you can figure out a way to expose homogeneous Python lists as
QDeclarativeListProperty containers then that would be cool.

Looking through the examples, there are places where qmlRegisterType is used
to add C++ classes to QML as new item types. The "Writing QML extensions with
C++" tutorial in examples/declarative/tutorials/extending is one of these.

David