[PyQt] Problems with latest windows installer

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Oct 10 09:50:55 BST 2010

On Saturday 09 October 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 09.10.10 18:24:23, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 15:00:38 +0200, Detlev Offenbach
> >
> > <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:

> > web

> > > After installing OpenSSL these kind of URLs work. My conclusion is,
> > > that Qt of
> > > the installer is compiled against OpenSSL but the libraries are
> > > missing.
> >
> > They are not distributed with the Qt installer. I suggest you report it
> > as a Qt bug.
>
> AFAIK Nokia doesn't ship them on purpose, no idea what the reason is
> though.

That means, we get an installation with libraries compiled against OpenSSL
(the test in my code for SSL support succeeds) with the libraries they were
compiled against. The end result is, that the application crashes and the user
will blame the app not knowing, that it is acrippled installation. That seems
very logical to me. >:-(

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach