[PyQt] ANN: automated daily snapshot builds on openSUSE build service

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Oct 10 22:34:01 BST 2010

Hi Phil, hi PyQtnistas,

while it may sound uninteresting for you, this has some value, even if
you don't care about openSUSE at all.

New sip4, PyQt3 and PyQt4 snapshots get build against a range of gcc and
Qt versions automatically, e.g. without human intervention (if all goes
well, famous last words..). dip and PyQtMobility will follow soon.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=home%3Afrispete%3APyQt-next

As you can see, right now python-qt4 fails, if it is build against
KDE_Distro_Factory targets. Clicking on a failed label shows the last
lines of the build log with another link for downloading the full log.
That shows, which Qt version is used for the KDE_Distro_Factory target:
Qt-4.7.0, resulting in activation of the QDeclarative framework, which
fails to build in qpydeclarativelistproperty.sip ATM.

I've invested a few hours for creation and getting the infrastructure
code to work, but keep in mind, it's less than a day old, and I'm still
in the process of shaking out bugs and adding features.. It's done with
Python of course, hence it should mature quickly :-).

Enjoy,
Pete