[PyQt] QDockWidget sizing behavior

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Oct 11 16:33:00 BST 2010

On Monday 11 October 2010, 16:17:21 John Wiggins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm laying out part of the UI for my app using a QMainWindow with no
> central widget and 4 dock widgets. I'd like the dock widgets to be
> sized proportionally to each other but they seem to ignore the value
> returned by sizeHint(). Am I missing something?

Without looking deeper into your code, there's something you should note
(from the Qt QDockWidget documentation):

Appearance
[...]
A QDockWidget acts as a wrapper for its child widget, set with
setWidget(). Custom size hints, minimum and maximum sizes and size
policies should be implemented in the child widget.

Hth,
Pete