[PyQt] Issue with uic.Loader\loader.py - passes QString rather than python str

Todor Bukov todor.bukov at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:40:01 BST 2010

Hi,

Not sure if this issue has already been fixed in the latest PyQt snapshot,
but I think I found a small bug in PyQt version 4.7.7-1
(PyQt-Py2.7-gpl-4.7.7-1.exe, Python 2.7 from python.org, under 32-bit
Windows XP).

I do have a small applications that loads its UI dynamically with
uic.loadUi() and it worked under previous PyQt version I had installed
(4.7.4 I think), but failed on the current 4.7.7-1. After some digging I
managed to identify the issue in uic.Loader\loader.py whereas the return
statement of DynamicUILoader.loadUi() method passes QString rather than
python string as argument to the parser. Attached is a patch which rectifies
the issue and makes the application works again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Todor