[PyQt] QTestLib

Ruslan Popov ruslan.popov at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 21:46:24 BST 2010

It's time to back to this question.
I want to implement simple action replaying framework to test PyQt apps.

I have main window and one dialog with two lineedits.

I can open this dialog but don't understand how to access it from my
framework to fill lineedits with data and accepts the dialog. Any ideas?

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 17.01.10 00:08:39, Ruslan Popov wrote:
> > Can someone share an example of using QTestLib with GUI application?
> > I've read manuals and some Qt4 books, but they talk about C++ way, not
> > Python.
>
> I don't think QTestlib works so easily in python as it uses a special
> macro in C++ to generate the boilerplate code to start the unit-test.
>
> You could probably lookup what the QTEST_MAIN macro does in Qt's c++
> code and create similar code in python, but it might just as well be
> easier to use an existing python unit-testing framework to drive your
> tests. And the function to trigger signals or send events don't need the
> QTestlib setup to be used.
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> A visit to a fresh place will bring strange work.

Ruslan Popov
phone: +7 916 926 1205
skype: rpopov