[PyQt] question on drag and drop

danny shevitz at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 19 21:07:23 BST 2010

> when your reimplemented mimeTypes() method is called internally by qt,
> the first item in the returned list will be used to set the format.

Ok, I think I get it. Internal DnD will use the first specified mime type.

That still raises the question of the purpose of the mimeType() method. The
documentation implies that mimeType() specifies the formats supplied when used
as a drop source. How do you control the accepted types when used as a drop
target? Or is mimeType() used for both drop source and target?

thanks,