[PyQt] PyQt and MPI

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Oct 29 17:49:13 BST 2010

On Friday 29 October 2010 18:37:44 dizou wrote:
> I have some code that uses Open MPI to do some pretty intense calculations
> (KDEs). I made a GUI to set some parameters for the calculations. Is there
> any way to integrate these two applications?
> So what I would like to have is my GUI to my on one processor, and then
> when I click a button to do the calculations, the MPI stuff starts.

What is your question?

Its possible. Just do it:-)

As I understand it your calculations are based on some C++ classes. Export
these interfaces to python via sip/ctypes/whatever and you are set.

You won't be able to tell the os which core to use for which process, but that
would be brain-dead anyway...

Have fun,

Arnold