[PyQt] server installation of pyqt

Suzanne Berger suzanne.berger at primefocusworld.com
Fri Sep 3 23:16:40 BST 2010

Hello,

I would like to have PyQt4 package (Windows x64, Python 2.6x 32-bit)
accessible from server for developers and users of pyqt applications. I
tried copying package from local C-drive installation to location on
server. That didn't work:
 >>> sys.path.append("T:\\_library\\tools\\testPythonLib\\site-packages")
 >>> from PyQt4.QtGui import *

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in <module>
     from PyQt4.QtGui import *

Is it necessary to redo total install (Qt,SIP,PyQt) directly to server
location? Or can portions of build be re-run? Note that I did not do
original installation. I'm trying to dig out details to pass on to our
IT department.

Thanks in advance!

Suzanne