[PyQt] Drag to system

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Wed Sep 8 16:22:32 BST 2010

On 08/09/10 15:27, Hugo Léveillé wrote:

> I did but I couldn't find how to do it even if I know the info is there
> somewhere in the doc. Any hints are welcomed
>
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:50 +0200, "Hans-Peter Jansen"<hpj at urpla.net>
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 08 September 2010, 15:05:21 Hugo Léveillé wrote:
>>> I have made a event to get the path of a file dragged into my pyqt app
>>> with this:
>>>
>>> path = event.mimeData().urls()
>>>
>>> But I would like to make to exact opposite ( to drag an item of my app
>>> into another app that expect a file drop)
>>>
>>> I looked in the doc on how I could set an URL to my listWidgetItem but
>>> didn't find anything. So is this possible ?
>>
>> Did you read the Drag and Drop overview from the Qt documentation?

just to be clear, the overview referred to is this:

	http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/dnd.html

that overview lists several example programs, and if you look in the
source code for pyqt, you will find a directory which contains pyqt
versions of many of them. for instance, the pyqt draggabletext example
can be found under 'examples/draganddrop/draggabletext/draggabletext.py'.

it would probably be fairly easy to adapt one of these pyqt examples to
work with urls.