[PyQt] Drop Site example

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri Sep 10 00:35:24 BST 2010

On Fri Sep 10 00:04:27 BST 2010, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> here's a PyQt version of the drop site example, that you might want to add
> to the PyQt examples. Since modularity is a good idea generally, I've kept
> the modules organization, but renounced supporting translations.
>
> Has anybody an idea, which linux app is able to drop real images similar as
> to what was done for the screenshot in the Qt docu?
>
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/draganddrop-dropsite.html

The Delayed Encoding example in Qt's examples directory will send the image
data in a drag and drop operation. There's also a hidden example in the
doc/src/snippets/separations directory that does a similar thing.

I think the reason why many applications don't send image data directly is
that it can involve a lot of data. The Delayed Encoding example still sends
the image data, but it only generates it when the drag and drop operation is
complete and the application has committed to sending it.

David