[PyQt] dip Snapshot Support for Python v2.6 and v2.7

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:59:42 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Phil Thompson
> <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:30:28 -0400, Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I had some trouble enabling MQ (hg qpush -a returned "no patches in
>>> series"), so I installed the snapshot for py26.
>>
>> Make sure you use "qclone" rather than "clone".
>
> Oh, sorry. You were right, I overlooked qclone.

Could I ask for clarification on how py26/py27 users should track the
development branch? What I have been doing is:

hg qclone http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/hg/dip
hg qpush -a
# the next day, attempt to sync:
hg qpop -a
hg pull
hg update
hg qpush -a
# at this point, I often get error messages, like:
applying dip.model.syntax
applying dip.model.super
applying dip.model.comprehensions
applying dip.model.sipapi
applying dip.model.misc
applying dip.model.tests
applying dip.ui.syntax
unable to find 'dip/ui/robot.py' for patching
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dip/ui/robot.py.rej
patching file dip/ui/toolkits/qt/qlistwidget_editor.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 342
dip/ui/toolkits/qt/qlistwidget_editor.py.rej
patching file dip/ui/toolkits/qt/qtablewidget_editor.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 414
dip/ui/toolkits/qt/qtablewidget_editor.py.rej
patch failed, unable to continue (try -v)
patch failed, rejects left in working dir
errors during apply, please fix and refresh dip.ui.syntax

I don't know how to recover from these errors, so I end up deleting my
clone and making a new one.

Thanks,
Darren