[PyQt] SIP converts "unsigned int" into unknown type

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Sep 13 14:36:01 BST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to compile SIP-exported modules using MSVC2008 instead of
GCC/mingw.  A problem arises because SIP silently transforms 'unsigned int'
from my .sip files into 'uint' declarations (e.g. for a0/sipRes) in the
sip*cpp files, and MSVC chokes on that (undeclared type).

(It is probably relevant that I am *not* using Qt for this extension module,
so I am using the pure sipconfig.SIPModuleMakefile.)

What would be the proper fix here?  (In this particular case, I worked around
it by simply using plain signed ints.)

Have a nice day,
  Hans