[PyQt] ANN: Preview of Python code editor widget - pure Python alternative to QScintilla

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:21:27 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:48 AM,  <projetmbc at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> CodeAide looks interesting.
>
> I've two questions :
>
> Is it to add other languages that Python ?
There is some code for QtScript syntax included.
Additionally the highlighter class is very flexible and accepts custom
syntax defininitons.
Django templates are on my whish list.
But my primary focus is Python.

> How do you treat the line numbering and the folding ?
I have a separate sidebar widget which is attachted to the
QPlainTextEdit.  Folding can be implemented by using
QTextBlock.setVisible

> You can find a method here :
> http://www.developpez.net/forums/d921494/autres-langages/python-zope/general-python/naturel-chaine-stockage/#post5209139
Sorry I do not understand enough French. CodeAide already contains
powerfull code completion based on Rope (http://rope.sourceforge.net/)

Regards
Henning