[PyQt] SVG Glyphs in PyQt

Colin McPhail colin.mcphail at talktalk.net
Wed Sep 15 11:45:29 BST 2010

On 15 Sep 2010, at 09:57, Jeremy Sanders wrote:

> Kyle Covington wrote:
>
>> Anyway, my solution is providing a good workaround for the problem, I just
>> wanted to give the code out in case someone else was having the same
>> issue.
>> If pyqt would like an example of a cairo svg from R that didn't render I
>> can send one if you would like to tackle the problem.
>
> It's probably worth submitting this as a qt bug, as it's likely to be a
> problem in qt itself. If you can write a quick testcase that is.

Off-list Kyle provided me with a quite large example file.  I have cut it down to the attached test case.  On my platform (Mac OS X 10.6.4, PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7.6 and Qt 4.6.3) Safari, Firefox and Gimp display it as a rectangle with a letter L in the middle of it.  The Qt and PyQt versions of the svgviewer demo both display only the rectangle.

I'll leave it to Kyle to report the bug since he discovered it.

-- Colin