[PyQt] Howto use the Qt documentation successfully - Was: Re: Access to lines of text on textEdit.

fpp fpp.gsp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:55:25 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:

> If there ever will be usable python apps on mobile devices (they will) with
> complex UIs, that not always let the user remember the interpreted python
> penalty, those will be from our camp.

Actually there are a lot of those already, thanks to Nokia's Maemo5
Linux platform and the N900 device.

Although originally in GTK, the Maemo UI is evolving to Qt in the next
revision, and further on with the Nokia/Intel MeeGo venture.

Meanwhile, Qt, Python and PyQt are officially supported on the N900,
and a large fraction of the interesting third-party apps provided by
the community rely on those. I'm finishing one myself currently :-)