[PyQt] python cxfreeze package pyqt app lost icon and tray icon

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Thu Sep 16 14:16:04 BST 2010

  Hi Von,

On 16/09/2010 08:38, Von wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is my command:
> cxfreeze --target-dir=AutoOrder gui.py
> --base-name=D:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\bases\Win32GUI.exe
> --include-path=. -z icon.jpg
>
> Both app icon and tray icon used icon.jpg
>
> Regards,

I had similar problems in the past and they were due to the generated
binary not finding the qt libraries. I do not know if those issues are
automatically handled by cx_freeze now.

I solved them adding a qtconffile saying where to find them in the
frozen binary.

You can take a look at the cx_setup.py and the qtconffile files found in
the pymca svn repository (http://pymca.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pymca/ )

Best regards,

Armando