[PyQt] advice needed for dragging icons off a toolbar

danny shevitz at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 17 23:17:38 BST 2010

Howdy,

I have a newbie question. I want to construct a toolbar with standard looking
icons, only I don't want to click them, I want to drag them like the "draggable
icons" example. I will have four buttons on the toolbar. What I don't know, is
in which widget to begin the drag operation.

In the ultimate class, I will overload the mousePressEvent, but which class is
the best to overload. The choices would seem to be:
QToolBar
QToolButton,
QIcon

Which would be most preferable?