[PyQt] Qt designer causes OS crash

Gavin Poludniowski Gavin.Poludniowski at icr.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 16:35:01 BST 2010

Dear All,

This may be a bug with Qt Designer, but it is from a PyQt distribution:

QT designer has always worked fine for me. I hadn't used it for a couple of months until yesterday. Now, when I try to drag a widget from one position in my Dialog to another, not only does QT designer crash, but it causes my whole OS to crash (as if I'd had a powercut) and restart. I tried removing PyQt and installing the latest distribution (PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.7.7-1.exe Windows Installer) but the same thing happens. What is going on?

My OS is Windows XP SP3 32-bit. The only recent changes to my PC are that IT at work have installed MS Office 2007 and I have recently set my desktop up with two rather than one monitor.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Gavin

Gavin G. Poludniowski
Institute of Cancer Research

Joint Department of Physics
Royal Marsden NHS Trust
Downs Road, Sutton
Surrey SM2 5PT, UK

tel: +44 (0)208661 3320

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.