[PyQt] Performance deterioration when using integer spin boxes PS ...

Preisig, Heinz A heinz.preisig at chemeng.ntnu.no
Fri Sep 24 17:55:40 BST 2010

OK, problem has been removed, though I do not know what the problem was.
The issue was that MatPlotLib did not go together with the rest and
simply got the whole program to a stand-still. I have not had the time
to check what really was the problem, but it seemed obvious that a long
queue of events is somewhere in the background generated.

Exchanging the plotting with a PyQwt implementation that is a little
less luxurious, the problem disappeared. Performance was actually
significantly improved also when not using any other event-driven parts
of the interface. Thus looks like PyQwt is recommendable.

Heinz Preisig