[PyQt] trouble installing pyqt4 from source on fedora 13

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:34:28 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Baz Walter <bazwal at ftml.net> wrote:
> On 30/09/10 16:24, Darren Dale wrote:
>>
>> I tried also to find how the fedora devs managed to patch and build
>> pyqt in the fedora environment, but I can't find anything. Aren't they
>> compelled by the terms of the GPL to make such patches available?
>
> any patches should be in fedora's src.rpm for pyqt, along with the .spec
> file for building the binary package.
>
> nb: you can extract the files from an rpm with rpm2cpio (or a gui archiver
> like file-roller).

Thank you for that.

I was able to build after applying this change:

     out << QLibraryInfo::licensee() << '\\n';

-#if defined(QT_SHARED) || defined(QT_DLL)
+//#if defined(QT_SHARED) || defined(QT_DLL)
     out << "shared\\n";
-#else
-    out << "\\n";
-#endif
+//#else
+//#endif

Phil, it looks like QT_SHARED is somewhat fragile, or rather, it
doesn't seem that the qt devs intended to support it for this
particular use case. Is its use necessary in PyQt's configure.py?
Based on the change required to build on Fedora, it doesn't seem so,
but probably I'm overlooking its intended purpose.

Darren